UK Journalist Enquiry Form - 2020
Non Paid For Media and Influencer Trips*
International media interested in visiting Wales should complete the overseas request form.
Thank you for your interest in visiting Wales!
This form is designed to collect information that will enable us to review your request and provide you with the best possible visit. Unfortunately, we cannot consider any requests for financial assistance without receiving a fully completed form. *For paid for media and Influencer campaigns please email VisitWalesMediaCentre@gov.wales.
Visit Wales can only provide the following assistance for accredited travel media and influencers with a confirmed commission from a recognised publication or social media channel:
- Transport (approved economy airfare* and train travel but not car hire)
- Accommodation to match the itinerary and article theme
- Meals (breakfast and dinner only, lunch would depend on the type of commission)
- Visits to attractions and venues
- Itinerary development and interview needs
- Images / high resolution b-roll
The following expenses are not covered by Visit Wales and are the responsibility of the visiting media:
- personal items, snacks, gratuities, additional rental car equipment (i.e. GPS, car seats, etc.)
- Film permits may be required at some locations and are the direct responsibility of the visiting journalist, we can advise on who to contact but cannot pay for permits - any cancellation fees incurred with less than 24 hours notice.
- Depending on the commission, we may not be able to accommodate spouses, partners, friends or children.
- Excess baggage charges will not be reimbursed unless approved in advance of purchase by Visit Wales.
This form should be completed at least 2 weeks in advance of visit; we can’t guarantee assistance if less time is given.
The Collection of Personal Data
The Welsh Government will be the data controller for any personal data you provide on the form and we will process it in line with our public task and the official authority vested in us. We will only use your data to enable us to book your trip, ie accommodation, visits to tourist attractions etc.
Visit Wales will pass on your personal data to third parties in order for us to make bookings related to your travel but for no other use.
Once your trip has taken place we will keep a copy of your form on file for up 3 years.
Under data protection legislation, you have the right:
- to be informed of the personal data Welsh Government holds about you and to access it
- to require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data
- to (in certain circumstances) object to or restrict processing
- for (in certain circumstances) your data to be ‘erased’
- to (in certain circumstances) data portability
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is our independent regulator for data protection
For further information about the information which the Welsh Government holds and its use, or if you wish to exercise your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, please see contact details below:
Data Protection Officer Welsh Government Cathays Park CARDIFF CF10 3NQ Email: DataProtectionOfficer@gov.wales
The ICO’s Contact details are: Information Commissioner's Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF Tel: 0303 123 1113