A game in Wales doesn’t just feature lush greens and fab fairways. You’ll also encounter Roman remains, monster drives, diving dolphins and Ice Age relics. There are nearly 200 fantastic golf courses in Wales, each offering a different challenge for visiting golfers.
Some of Wales' courses include:
- The Celtic Manor Resort made golfing history with an unforgettable Ryder Cup in 2010, but its story starts a little earlier than that. In Roman times, to be precise. Roads laid out by our former occupiers criss-cross the modern-day resort. The SSE Enterprise Wales Senior Open 2016 was also hosted here. It is a key destination for many golfers from around the world.
- The Royal Porthcawl Golf Club, which Tom Scott called one of the twelve finest courses in the world.
- The challenging Nefyn and District Golf Course which takes you out on the peninsular with stunning sea views
- The Royal St David's Golf Course with beautiful views of Harlech Castle.
- The Vale Resort is one of the longest outside of the USA. Its massive second hole measures an impressive 607 yards from the back tee, it’s one of the longest par-fives in Wales and a real challenge for anyone who fancies themselves a big hitter.
Watch Golf as we think it should be...