Facts about studying in Wales
In 2013/14 there were 19,135 international students from outside of Europe enrolled on higher education courses in Wales: an increase of 5.8% from 2012/13. These students make up about 14.8% of enrolments at Welsh higher education institutes, excluding the Open University.
Study in Wales for information about the universities in Wales
- Wales welcomes international students from over 170 countries enrolling onto over higher education 2700 courses.
- Today the student population in Wales is large and diverse; there are 8 universities and 15 further education colleges and institutions. We have around 172,000 learners studying at further education institutions per year.
- If you’re interested in joining the 19,135 international students from over 170 countries currently enrolled in higher education here, contact one of our universities.
- We are proud of the level of personal support we offer to our international students. Institutions offer a wide range of services, such as pre-departure briefings and handbooks.
- Access to free English language support is available at all of Wales' universities.
- Our universities offer lots of help for funding your studies including international scholarship schemes.
- Our students are happy! Aberystwyth has been voted best university town in Britain and Swansea University has won an award for being the best student experience in the UK.
All external links will open in a popup window.
- Key facts about our universities
Find out some key facts about our universities
- Study in Wales
Find out about Welsh universities and how to apply for courses
- Research Wales
How do Welsh universities advance the world around us?