Wales – A Fair Trade Nation
In 2008 the efforts of the Wales Fair Trade Forum resulted in an independent panel of Fairtrade experts declaring Wales as the first Fair Trade Nation in the world.
- 100% of counties / local authorities have active Fairtrade groups working towards Fairtrade status
- 55% counties / local authorities with Fairtrade status with 10% increase year on year until 100% is reached
- 100% of cities have Fairtrade status
- A minimum of 55% of towns have active Fairtrade groups working towards Fairtrade status
- 60% of Higher Education (HE) institutions to have active Fairtrade groups working towards Fair Trade status
- Increasing by 5% every year the number of people who know about Fairtrade to 75%
- 75% of people to buy a Fairtrade product every year
- 40% of people regularly buy a Fairtrade product
For more information on Fair Trade in Wales, visit the Fair Trade Wales website.