We like to relax and let our hair down. And our towns and cities are full of stuff ready to entertain you every night of the week. Here are some ideas for you -
- We have a thriving nightlife in Wales. We have loads of places where we can meet up with friends and have a good chat or a dance. Like our city centre clubs and bars in Cardiff where you can have a drink on outdoor terraces. Or our legendary Mumbles in Swansea which offers a mile long stretch of pubs and bars along the coast.
- Our Millennium Centre in Cardiff is one of the largest theatres in Europe and hosts ballet, opera, theatre and dance all under one roof. Performances in Wales aren't confined to our capital. The arts are thriving everywhere. Venue Cymru in Llandudno is a theatre, conference and arena venue with many international shows. Find out more about our theatres at the Theatres in Wales website.
- With all our local produce, Wales has been described as a top ‘Gastro-location’. From our seaside places in Aberaeron serving local lobster caught only 108 metres away to our cosy pubs in North Wales tempting you to their local Welsh black fillet steak, our restaurants are booming. Find out more about our restaurants at Wales in Style.
- Like live music? Our Millennium stadium and Motorpoint Arena (formerly called the Cardiff International Arena) in Cardiff hosts many international tours. Madonna kick started her World tour here in 2008. But we like to show off our local talent too. Clwb Ifor Bach has hosted many Welsh acts including the Stereophonics, Catatonia and Duffy and is a great venue for unsigned talent.
- We have a range of cinemas and comedy clubs across the country too. Find your local venues at Wales Index.
- Take a look at our events page to find out some of the things going on in Wales.